Friday 24 August 2007

Nov 16, 1973

Not one of my best days. Billy has started blowing spitwads at me in homeroom. Today, he hit me right on the cheek. That was GROSS! Robert was home sick, and Frannie came in late, because she was getting her braces adjusted. She had to wear her retainer all afternoon and was in a foul mood.

We had another pop quiz in math today, and I did really badly. Miss Ealens gave us our Civil War projects to do today. I don’t mind working with Sandy on it, but we also got Mike Gaultier. He’s a real twerp! He keeps asking Sandy to the Christmas Dance, and she doesn’t want to go with him. I’d completely forgotten about it. I’m too afraid to ask Rhonda, and I’m sure Sandy won’t go with me. Frannie? I wouldn’t dare. I’d never hear the end of it. Rhonda will probably go with Dan.

We had an inter-squad scrimmage today. I didn’t score a single point, not even a foul shot. I never miss foul shots! I don’t know how I did it, but even playing on the same team as Dan, he still knocked me over. I had to sit out for a while until my nose stopped bleeding. Eric Knorr charged into me, too, and I got the foul. I’m feeling pretty sore all around. Mom and Sandy came to watch. It was really embarrassing. I feel like quitting.

I learned today: I stink at basketball.

No comments: